Herbs For Wellness !!!
The non-GMO ingredients in Neolife GNLD's Alfalfa Plus Fiber™ are grown without pesticides and field-ripened to full maturity for maximum nutrient benefits.
Alfalfa is an herb. People use the leaves, sprouts, and seeds to make medicine.
The herb, alfalfa, is used for kidney conditions, bladder and prostate conditions, and to increase urine flow. It is also used for high cholesterol, asthma, osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, diabetes, upset stomach, and a bleeding disorder called thrombocytopenic purpura. People also take alfalfa as a source of vitamins A, C, E, and K4; and minerals calcium, potassium, phosphorous, and iron.
A member of the pea family, alfalfa is one of the most nutritionally complete foods in the human food chain, providing protein, fiber, calcium & trace minerals, carotenoids, vitamins E and K, all the water-soluble vitamins (B-complex and vitamin C), chlorophyll, and other naturally occurring phytonutrients. Rich in naturally occurring phytonutrients, it is a distillation of the best that sun and soil have to offer.
A generous portion of alfalfa, one of nature's most sought after plant foods, combined with GNLD's own Custom Trace Mineral Blend provide unique and far reaching trace mineral ingredients from earth and sea sources.
“.....The alfalfa has all the electrolytes which stabilies the various salts -- you have 28 different kinds of salts working in you and they all hold fluids differently -- some fluids are thick, some are thin, some dump quick, some fluids hold a long time and these all go on at the same time because there are 28 different kinds of salts and electrolytes hold each salt stable. If you are deficient in electrolytes, sodium and potassium, your fluids are off, you will sweat too much, you will get weak muscles, you will get calcium in your kidneys and you will have weakness and all kinds of problems if your electrolytes are off -- edema, lymph clogging -- you will have many kinds of situations -- get your alfalfa up, your electrolytes, potassium and sodium balanced and all of a sudden you don't sweat so much, don't smell so bad -- even your feet won't stink any more -- drink lots of water -- it detoxifys the fluid channel of the kidney level -- the Neo-Lax and ester oils of the herbs go into the lymph system and pump the lymph glands and cause a dumping of the lymphatic system as well as promote regularity, and the fiber is very, very important as a carrier.”
-- Dr. Don Lawson
Benefits of GNLD's Alfalfa Plus Fiber™:
- Fiber is added in quantity for those who wish to increase their daily intake.
- Grown without pesticides and field-ripened to full maturity for maximum nutrient benefits.
- Air-dried: Low-temperature natural drying protects nutrient value.
- Added fiber (cellulose, hemicellulose, and pectin) with alfalfa provide 400 mg. of fiber per tablet.
- Custom Trace Mineral Blend: Contains marine organics, Atlantic kelp, sea dulse, and Irish moss for broad-spectrum mineral availability.
“.....alfalfa functions and does everything for the body that cortisone would do, without any side effects, as in the non-natural products that are often given to patients. It is recommended for sports people to take regularly and not just once in a while, because it corrects any small injury to muscles and sinews even if you were unaware of the injury. It is also therapeutic in that it will prevent soreness and stiffness in your muscles after sport or matches.”
-- Dr. Don Lawson
Safety Concerns When Using Alfalfa:
- Estrogen and Pregnancy: There is some evidence that alfalfa may act like estrogen, and this might affect pregnancy or breast-feeding. If you have any other condition that might be made worse by exposure to estrogen, don't use alfalfa. Consult a physician before proceeding with any natural remedies.
- Diabetes: Alfalfa might lower blood sugar levels. If you have diabetes and take alfalfa, monitor your blood sugar levels closely. Consult a physician before proceeding with any natural remedies.
- Warfarin (Coumadin): Alfalfa contains large amounts of vitamin K. Vitamin K is used by the body to help blood clot. The prescription drug, Warfarin (Coumadin), is used to slow blood clotting. By helping the blood clot, alfalfa might decrease the effectiveness of warfarin (Coumadin). Be sure to have your blood checked regularly. The dose of your warfarin (Coumadin) might need to be changed. Consult a physician before proceeding with any natural remedies.
NOTE: If you take antioxidants, you need alfalfa and LOTS of water (a gallon a day). If your urine does not run clear when taking supplements, if it is yellow or amber in color, you are not drinking enough water. When you take antioxidants, the dead cells, platelettes and toxins will be dumped into the blood and filtered by your body ending up in your urine. If your urine is clear your organs do not have to work as hard (pancreas, liver, kidneys). If your urine is cloudy, it can be a sign of a urinary infection. Consult a physician before proceeding with any natural remedies.
Fiber helps keep your stool soft and regular and helps to move the toxins out and cleans the colon. Alfalfa helps blood clot which is the opposite of Vitamin E. It might lower blood sugar levels so monitor your insulin. Alfalfa extracts contain iron and may increase the production of white blood cells, including granulocytes, leukocytes, and T-cells by as much as 60%. Alfalfa contains vitamins A, C, K and B-9, minerals such as calcium, iron, magnesium and potassium and both omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids. It also contains more protein than most plants and is rich in digestive enzymes, helping the body assimilate nutrients more efficiently. Herbalists recommend alfalfa sprouts for cancer patients to combat fatigue, anemia and help stimulate appetite. These claims have not yet been validated scientifically, so check with your health-care provider before using alfalfa as a medicinal herb.
Dr. Don Lawson indicates the following for hypothyroidism, edema and muscle degeneration:
Nutritional Information Only -- Consult your Physician
Read the Fast Facts
about Alfalfa Plus Fiber™!
Read the Kosher Certificate
about Alfalfa Plus Fiber!